Designing for Change: Women in Entrepreneurship
October 24, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join the Eship Center and Innovate Carolina pm October 24th at 5:30 PM over a quick bite at 1789 Venture Lab for a design thinking workshop targeting the issues women face in entrepreneurship and the workplace, complete with a panel of 6 young UNC alumni who will share their personal stories and experiences as females in entrepreneurship:
- Chelsea Eshraghi, Director @ Carolina Angel Network
- Ronit Freeman, Associate Professor @ UNC Chapel Hill
- Sopie Lopez, Founder @Kaleido
- Niki Shamdasani, Co-Founder @ Sani
- Amy Linnane, Assistant Director @ Launch Chapel Hill
- Shannon Rentner, Director of Marketing @ Smashing Boxes
The first half of the workshop will focus on discussing issues women face in eship with the alumni panel. The panel will be introduced by Judith Cone, Vice Chancellor for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, and moderated by Vickie Gibbs, Executive Director of UNC’s Entrepreneurship Center.
The second half of the workshop will focus on putting our brains together to solve these issues with a design thinking workshop lead by Melissa Carrier, Director of Social Innovation, and Liz Chen, Founder of Real Talk.
Food will be provided by a female owned venture.
This event welcomes women, men and people of all gender identities.