NETWORK FORUM: COMMUNITY-ENGAGED INNOVATION IN PRACTICE
January 22 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am| Free
The Innovate Carolina Network kicks off the year by exploring ways that campus programs engage with community organizations and partners to design innovations that help solve complicated problems. Join at the first Innovate Carolina Network Forum of 2020, where you’ll learn from UNC-Chapel Hill faculty, staff and students who will share their own case studies and methods for co-designing creative solutions with the community.
During the event, participants work together to:
- Identify strategies and best practices for community-engaged innovation.
- Explore the dynamic of collaborating with the community versus delivering an end product.
- Practice design thinking principles to understand the critical elements of program development.
- Discuss how the results of community innovation programs will contribute to the Benefit Society initiative outlined in the Carolina Next strategic plan.
- Look critically at available resources and the gaps we need to fill for community-based innovations to be successful for all stakeholders.
Note: A light breakfast will be served.