NCBIO Annual Meeting 2019
October 3, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Preliminary agenda noted below. The program also features a Networking Break and Lunch, and NCBIO Business Session.
New Innovations: Personalized Health and Cancer Treatment
Industry leader describes why these innovations have sprung forward now, discusses the promise of the therapies, and highlights pricing and value.
- Marty Murphy, Ph.D., Founding Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, AlphaMed Consulting; Founder and Former Chief Executive Officer, Hipple Cancer Research Center; Co-founder, Society for Translational Oncology
This keynote discusses best strategies to raise funding, the impact of current regulations on product pricing, and the ability of companies to continue to innovate. Take a deep dive into the economics of the life science space and the economic cross currents that industry is navigating.
- Speaker invited
Access and Availability
This interactive session features entities and providers working together to ensure therapies are universally available. Learn more about the realities and responsive policies that are maturing or effecting universal access to new therapies.
- Dr. Dora Hughes, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Research Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, Milken Institute School of Public Health, George Washington University
- Representative from Novartis
- Speakers invited from Health Care, Insurance, and Patient Group
Ag and Human Microbiome
This discussion will take us from acknowledging the microbiome to understanding how to manipulate it for nutritional and therapeutic purposes.
- Anne Ballou, Research and Development Scientist, Premex
- Nick Gillitt, Ph.D., Chief Science Officer, David H Murdock Research Institute
- Jared Jensen, Nematologist and Project Leader, AgBiome
If you are interested in sponsoring the Annual Meeting, contact Laura Gunter for details.