Source: Streetwise Reports (3/4/20)
CloudMD announced it will be installing proprietary kiosks in participating pharmacies to enable on-demand telemedicine visits with licensed physicians.
In a news release, digital health company CloudMD Software & Services Inc. (DOC:CSE; PHGRF:OTCQB; 6PH:FSE) announced that “it will be partnering with pharmacies across Canada to input kiosks that will enable on-demand telemedicine visits with licensed doctors.”
The report advised that the kiosks will be installed in each participating pharmacy’s existing private consultation rooms. “Patients will be able to see a doctor within minutes for prescription refills and non-emergency health concerns right from their local pharmacy and after the virtual visit is complete, the prescription can be eFaxed directly to the pharmacy for fulfillment,” the company stated.
“We’re excited to be able to bring this innovative care option to patients. The local pharmacist is an important part of a patients allied healthcare team. Unfortunately many patients don’t find out they are out of refills until they are at the pharmacy and are unable to get a new prescription before they run out,” remarked CloudMD’s CEO Essam Hamza, M.D.
“At CloudMD, we are committed to providing patients access to the care they need, when they need it. Through this new telehealth offering, patients now have an additional option for seeking care that is even more convenient for them,” Dr. Hamza added.
The company explained that it offers patients access to all points of their care from their phone, tablet or desktop computer. The firm’s stated that its CloudMD proprietary health technology solutions software facilitates delivery of quality healthcare across Canada through the combination of connected primary care clinics, telemedicine and artificial intelligence (AI). The company noted that its healthcare ecosystem includes 315 clinics with more than 3,000 licensed practitioners and almost 3 million registered patients.
1) Stephen Hytha compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click herefor important disclosures about sponsor fees. As of the date of this article, an affiliate of Streetwise Reports has a consulting relationship with CloudMD Software & Services Inc. Please click here for more information.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases. As of the date of this article, officers and/or employees of Streetwise Reports LLC (including members of their household) own securities of CloudMD Software & Services Inc., a company mentioned in this article.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Officers, employees and contributors to Streetwise Reports are not licensed medical professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.